South Ayrshire Short-Term Let Temporary Licences
South Ayrshire Short-Term Let Temporary licences are now available for upcoming events throughout South Ayrshire for The 152nd Open Championship in July 2024 and the International Ayr Show – Festival of Flight in September 2023.
- From 1 October 2022, new hosts of short-term lets are legally required to obtain a licence from their local council before accepting bookings and hosting guests.
- The new licence scheme is a legal obligation for all hosts, even if they occasionally let out a spare room or sub-let while on holiday.
- The new licensing scheme will require all hosts to meet a set of mandatory conditions, some of which are already best practice within the sector and/or required by existing legislation.
- The changes will reinforce the positive reputation of Scottish tourism and hospitality and confidence amongst visitors and local communities.
- Hosts will be able to find out information on specific licensing requirements, including fees, additional conditions, and the application process from the relevant local authority website within the area where their short-term let is located.
Apply for a short-term license
Further guidance for both the full and temporary licence can be found via the South Ayrshire Council Short-Term Let licensing webpage, alongside how to apply for a licence in South Ayrshire Council.