As part of Once Upon a Time in South Ayrshire, The Holy Fair with Armed Forces and Pipes in the Park returns to Ayr Low Green.
Come along and enjoy this family fun day with something for the whole family to enjoy! Why not make it a weekend of fun by visiting us tomorrow at our Story Sunday event!
The Holy Fair with Armed Forces and Pipes in the Park is part of Once Upon a Time in South Ayrshire, supported by EventScotland for Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022.
- The official flag-raising ceremony will start things off with dignitaries and military in dress uniform
- Military Attractions
- Market & Charity Stalls – You will find can find crafts, toys and gifts as well as trying your luck to hook a duck or pick the winning tombola ticket to win a prize whilst supporting local charities
- Funfair Rides – Are you brave enough to try the tallest rides? Many on offer to suit all
- Pipe Band and Highland Dance Contests – Very visual, entertaining and traditional elements of the day
- Dance Arena – The Dance Arena will be in full swing throughout the day with displays from local dance schools performing a variety of styles by pupils ranging from 2 to 22 years old!
- Children’s Fun Dog Show
- Try your hand at Crazy Golf, Beat the Goalie and Archery
- Plus lots more
This event boasts many elements including Armed Forces and Military attractions, Pipe Band and Highland Dance Contests, Market & Charity Stalls, Fairground, Dance Displays plus lots more. You can also enter your pooch in our Children’s Fun Dog Show with categories ranging from the shortest dog to the waggiest tail – all for fun!
This event has huge significance to the town of Ayr and is a hugely popular annual gathering with the official flag raising ceremony starting off the day with dignitaries and military in dress uniform.
The family fun day is an opportunity for members of the public to come to Ayr and say a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to our troops. South Ayrshire enjoys a long and string association with the Armed Forces and the day gives everyone the chance to come together and show support for the Armed Forces.