Henry Moore - Learning and Engagement Lead
To lead in the creation, delivery, and evaluation of informal and formal learning based on South Ayrshire Council’s Henry Moore sculpture ‘Draped Reclining Figure’.
South Ayrshire Council’s (SAC) Henry Moore work ‘Draped Reclining Figure’ (1976–1979), is on permanent display at Rozelle House, Ayr, and is SAC’s most valuable work.
With the support of Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) Museum Development funding, SAC Rozelle House is hosting the Sainsbury Centre’s touring exhibition ‘Henry Moore: Threads of Influence’, from July – October 2022.
We are seeking an experienced person to help us create tools to support staff, to link with relevant partners, to design and deliver learning opportunities for our communities, to evaluate, and to develop engagement activities focusing on ‘Draped Reclining Figure’.
– Create educational material informed by the Henry Moore ‘Threads of – Influence’ exhibition and the South Ayrshire Council Henry Moore sculpture.
– Create a lasting learning resource for Rozelle House Museum & Galleries appropriate for all ages, and train staff to upkeep this.
– Support and upskill staff to facilitate their engagement with visitors during the exhibition and beyond.
– Facilitate engagement via formal (schools) and informal (public/gallery) learning.
– Evaluation of the role and outputs.
– Legacy planning for continued use of resources developed.
July – staff support and training
July – August – informal learning designed for visitors
September – formal learning designed with schools
October – evaluation and creation of legacy outcomes
Fee & Project Budget:
Fee – £7500
Project Budget – £4000
The project starts 13th June for 20 weeks duration, working 1.5 days per week. The work pattern is flexible and responsive to the project’s requirements, and to be agreed with line manager.
How to Apply:
To apply for the role, please email a covering letter (roughly 500 words) indicating relevant experience and your interest in the position, and an up-to-date CV titled ‘Engagement Post – Henry Moore’ to:
Any enquiries regarding the post should be sent to the same email address.